Technical Sales Engineer



Plastic Mouldings / Polymers

Job Title:

Technical Sales Engineer

Job Ref:


Job Start Date:




Job Type:

Technical Sales Engineer

Salary Range:


Salary Benefits:

Life Assurance

We are recruiting for a Technical Sales Engineer who will be responsible for presenting technical information to customers, and providing an excellent understanding of injection moulding. This is an exceptional role to work with a market recognised & established injection moulding manufacturer.

Job Brief: For this excellent Technical Sales Engineer role we are seeking technical moulding professionals with an excellent understanding of injection moulding, and an ability to see the company’s manufacturing as a service (MAAS) model from their customers’ viewpoint. Strong experience of technical plastic injection moulding processes, products & services, ancillaries, injection mould machine tools, injection moulding capital equipment is required.


This position will suit someone from a technical background, the role is not considered a pure business development position, instead it is suited to someone with strong technical understanding who can complete the required documentation and activities associated with requests for quotations (RFQs), project management and cost calculations for machining, materials and manpower.


The majority of this role will be site based, accounting for around 75% of the individual’s time as a plant based engineer liaising with external and internal parties, and the remaining 25% of the time would be off site. The company has other locations within the business, and occasional visitation to other sites will be required as part of the role.


This is an excellent role to work for an injection moulding manufacturing group with a strong reputation across the UK and Europe, and the successful individual will be involved with all market industries.


Responsible for:

·         Managing customer tenders for new business end to end

·         Determine the most efficient manufacturing route to produce the component in the tender

·         Liaise with suppliers of bought out parts required for the tender obtaining quotations

·         Liaise with toolmakers to determine the optimal tooling description and obtain quotations

·         Complete company quote calculation documents

·         Present proposals to the commercial team

·         Support the NPI Engineer in the implementation of new projects

·         Prepare cost reduction proposals both internally and with customer

·         Manage and deliver specialist projects around new materials and technologies


Person specification:

·         Proven ability to win customer tenders and manage projects to production and beyond

·         Technical abilities and experience (a qualification in Mechanical Engineering or Polymer Technologies would be an advantage)

·         A background in injection moulding and/or automotive tier 1 is essential

·         Negotiation skills and supply chain experience (including international)

·         Exceptional communication skills with customers, suppliers and colleagues at all levels



Key Words: “technical sales”, “sales manager”, “sales engineer”, “injection moulding”, “technical moulding”, “plastic moulding”, “mould materials”, “plastics”, “technical manager”