Job Overview: Our client has retained our services to support them in appointing a Field Service Engineer who will be responsible for the installation, commissioning and servicing of injection moulding machines and associated ancillary equipment.
Overview: As a Field Service Engineer you will ideally have a good electro-mechanical maintenance background as well as experience in the commissioning, installation and calibrating of various injection moulding, production machinery and ancillary equipment as well as being a competent engineer in breakdown diagnosis and repair. You will ideally be based in the Birmingham/Coventry area but be willing to cover all of the UK as well as overseas travel.
Whilst having the need to often work alone, you can rest assured that you are supported by other field Service Engineers as well as a highly skilled management team from the company head office, therefore you must be self-motivated and confident in making key decisions on the spot.
This is a great opportunity for a Field Service Engineer who is looking for a structured career prospect within an international engineering group working on modern moulding machines between 50t-1500t.
- Service & repair plastic moulding machines & equipment to approved standards
- Configure machines to customer’s specification
- Commission machines to approved standards and within agreed time scales
- Provide support & instructions to customers
- Fault finding diagnosis supported by Tech Service
- Fault finding on ancillary equipment supplied by the company
- Complete the company’s documentation on time, accurately & efficiently, particularly:
o Service reports
o Commission reports
o Spare parts return documentation
o Personnel records
- Maintain the company’s image and reputation
- Correctly maintain the company’s tools & equipment
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the maintenance of microprocessor-controlled injection moulding machines or similar equipment
- A recognised electrical or electronic qualification
- Processing knowledge