Job Overview: Supporting the West Midlands plastics industry we are recruiting for a Senior Injection Moulding Technician to work with a World Class manufacturer.
Overview: As a Senior Injection Moulding Technician, you must have several years’ experience with setting, conditioning, maintenance & process optimisation of injection moulding machines working with a wide range of materials. As a Senior Injection Moulding Technician, you will be responsible for the provision of engineering support to manufacturing areas & for the introduction of moulding processes that meet or exceed customer and company quality requirements.
For a proven Senior Injection Moulding Technician this is an excellent opportunity to work secure a stable position within a forward-thinking company.
- Introduction of moulding processes & equipment that meet with customer and company quality requirements
- Set quality standards for moulding quality
- Introduction of equipment and ancillary’s necessary for the moulding of quality components
- Ensures that moulding machine programmes used for product manufacture are developed and controlled
- Ensure equipment is introduced that produces quality parts and meets company philosophies of SMED and the company’s production system
- Communicate & manage equipment suppliers so that the company are supported with the necessary equipment to produce quality parts in line project timing
- To work in conjunction with the tooling engineer following the companies tooling procedures including off-site sign-off (overseas travel required – Europe/Far East)
- To supervise and carry out tool trials either individually or in conjunction with Technicians, raise appropriate documentation & manage corrective actions & maturation of products & projects
- To lead improvement teams for moulding processes
- Be an active member of the design feasibility teams
- Be an active member of the tooling feasibility reviews
- Maintain a tool book & standard company documentation for each part containing the relevant information
- To communicate by written and verbal means using the company communication channels to ensure the understanding of colleagues and management
Knowledge & Experience:
- Able to generate tool trials reports and process capability data, corrective action reports, including overall planning for trial/supplier timing plans
- Ability to contribute/lead process FMEA teams. Manage supplier’s performance/selection
- Review and make recommendation from “Moldflow”/ “Mouldflex” simulations
- Qualifications within Injection Moulding Setting, Conditioning & Optimisation / Polymer qualifications
- Having proven experience in the procurement of injection moulding tooling/equipment & introduction from design/feasibility to production readiness from the global supply source
- Computer literacy, including the ability to use spread sheets and databases.