Job Overview: Working closely with a niche new injection moulding tool maker due to extensive new business orders I am looking for 3 x injection moulding Toolmakers.
As a Toolmaker you will be responsible for the production, maintenance, service and repair of injection mould tools on site.
You must have experience as a Toolmaker within a CNC, die-casting or injection moulding toolroom
The ideal candidate will have a strong mechanical aptitude and the desire to learn and develop upon their skills as this position can offer growth, stability and security.
As a Toolmaker you will ideally have good knowledge of CNC, milling, lathes and grinding. Experience of Tool design is an advantage.
This is an exciting position for a Toolmaker who is keen to join a stable, forward thinking company where they can learn and develop their skills further.
Whilst this is a day role, the overtime is extensive enough to earn £40K+.
- Responsibility to lead best practice for the Tooling company’s tool schedules
- Working in accordance with the company’s ISO standards & GMP
- Ensure that all tools are maintained to a good serviceable standard
- Identify & deliver improvements (managing “lifted” components)
- Liaise with external Tool & Engineering part suppliers to manage the tooling program and reduce costs
- Assist with the commissioning of new tooling for new product introduction
- Training in best practice and specific functions relating to specific tools for the Setters and Operators
- Report on tool performance to Factory Manager
- Develop and work to KPI’s
- Maintain Tool Performance Maintenance & Repair records
Personal Profile & Experience Requirements:
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, work on own initiative
- Minimum 5 years tool maintenance/making. Ideally CNC, die-casting or injection moulding
- Engineering Qualification/Time Served
- Competent to program and operate a range of CNC & manual machine centres, mills and surface grinders
- Computer literate with experience of using MS Excel, MS Word & Power Point
- Experience of working to a Quality management system
- Experience of World Class/Lean Manufacturing
- Demonstrate continuous improvement initiatives
- Process fault finding and rectification techniques
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Experience as a Toolmaker within the injection moulding or die-casting
- CAD experience, Solid Works is essential, ie interpretation of technical
- FLT Counterbalance License
- Experience of HACCP