Job Overview: Working alongside our client, a design & hi-volume manufacturer of safety critical electro-mechanical components, are seeking an experienced General Manager for their successful business.
The company: Part of a larger business group this company are enjoying success supplying into some blue-chip organisations such as NHS, Government & MOD building infrastructures to name but a few.
We welcome experience lean manufacturing management professionals from hi-volume experience in industries such as metal fabrication, electronics, electro-mechanical, industrial, automotive, medical device, MOD, Rail and plastic injection moulding.
- Responsible for the effective management of all site related activities and services
- Achieve high customer service levels by meeting quality, delivery and cost objectives
- To participate in all site leadership activities e.g. planning, ERP, Six Sigma, 5s, etc
- Support growth initiatives by launching new products on time
- To develop a Six Sigma culture in order to drive productivity and eliminate waste
- To ensure people and resources are matched via the Sales & Inventory Operations Planning (SIOP) to meet customer requirements
- To drive the resolution of production quality issues ensuring follow through to a permanent fix
- To promote a safe working environment and ensure all activities are conducted in accordance with current HSE legislation
- To develop the high-performance work organisation and establish a coherent team to achieve consistency in all areas
- To increase employee skills and opportunities through training & development
- Provide leadership & direction to the Management Team
- Overall responsibility for the whole site
- Establish and maintain KPI’s for the whole site
- Report to the MD monthly with KPI information which includes budgetary control, sales forecasts, H&S issues, staffing levels, projects, profit & loss predictions, quality, etc
- Development of teamwork synergies
- Ability to react quickly to changes which will affect KPI targets
- Management of NPI’s to maximise return and minimise delays.
- Manufacturing Engineering including process improvements skills
- Proven People Management skills
- Excellent Presentation and Communication skills
- Innovative Approach to Problem Solving
- Enthusiastic and Self-motivated
- Decisive and assertive
- Able to cope under pressure
- Excellent organisational/time management skills
- PC Literate