Job Overview: Due to securing new business, automation and capital equipment coming into the business our client, has retained our services to search for a Maintenance Engineer to join their team.
Overview: As Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for the maintenance and repairs to mechanical, electrical and electronic on-site equipment and automation cells. As Maintenance Engineer, you will have strong electrical/mechanical applications with proven experience of problem solving, fault finding and repairing of manufacturing machinery as well as robots, automated systems and assembly lines.
This is an excellent opportunity offering job security and satisfaction the successful applicant of the Maintenance Engineer post.
- Working on modern day plastic injection moulding machine tools and ancillaries, as a Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for the proactive & reactive electro-mechanical maintenance of mould machines, ancillaries, jigs & fixtures, materials handling equipment, pick & place robots and general facilities maintenance
- You will be proactive in setting PPM schedules and organising the Maintenance team on machine down-time projects for planned maintenance activities, and instrumental in organising Maintenance / servicing & commissioning jobs for the Maintenance department staff.
Expectations / experience:
- You must have electrical & mechanical maintenance experience within injection moulding manufacturing. (We shall consider applicants from diecasting or other plastics manufacturing environments)
- You must have 16th, 17th or 18th edition electrical regulations certificates OR electrical engineering qualifications equivalent
- You will have a good mechanical application and experience / working understanding with hydraulics and/or pneumatics
- You will have good proven experience with PLC’s and 3 Phase Ladder Logic fault-finding & problem-solving
- You will have good clear communication skills for interacting with your team and other department Managers
- It is expected that you will have good IT skills with MS Office & Word