Job Overview: Working alongside our client, a successful injection moulding manufacturing Group we are searching for 2x Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineers to join and add value to their team.
Important: Our client is considered an essential key manufacturer to the food packaging industry. Social distancing is priority within their workplace.
- As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, you must have current or prior experience with maintaining or servicing Plastic injection moulding machines preferably, however we will consider experience from other plastic manufacturing environments
- You must have experience in the electrical and mechanical maintenance, service and repair applications, trouble-shooting & fault-finding and be able to read mechanical and electrical drawings / schematics
- You will have a good working understanding of pneumatics and hydraulics
- This is an excellent & rewarding post for an enthusiastic Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer who wishes to work with like-minded professionals and a company that places their people at the forefront of the company
Purpose of the role:
- Ensure accurate & timely records are recorded of all work carried out, root causes of failures and of spares or consumables used
- Ensure engineering downtime is accurately logged, monitor repair times, and find new methods or procedures to reduce these
- Ensure PPM systems are followed and completed as required
- Provide engineering support to production to ensure efficient performance of all equipment
- Ensure that all H&S procedures, engineering best practices are adhered to at all times
- Diagnose and repair electrical/mechanical faults that occur on plant and/or equipment
- Assist with the maintenance programme for all plant and/or equipment (hydraulics, robots, ancillary machines automatic assembly)
- Validate new plant equipment, automation and upgrades
- Process/equipment troubleshooting and failure analysis
- Ensure all items of plant and/or equipment is in good safe working order
- Build and maintain items and documentation within the maintenance department, necessary doe the effective running of the plant and/or equipment
- Strive to improve the efficiency and safety of plant and equipment
- Maintain a high standard of record keeping for all repairs and servicing of plant and/or equipment as required for audit, traceability and warranty purposes, in accordance with the Quality Management System.
Qualifications and Other Skills:
- Experience in Injection Moulding manufacturing would be highly desirable however experience from other plastic manufacturing environments may be considered
- Previous experience in mechanical and electrical engineering
- A good working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and electronic/electrical automation controls
- An understanding of PLC systems and various control systems
- Understanding and ability to carry out basic Electrical & Electronic fault finding
- A recognised qualification in electrical engineering or mechanical must be held
- Ability to work under own supervision or as part of team.