Retained by our plastics packaging client, we are seeking a Technical & Quality Assurance Manager, ideally with an understanding of plastics and/or food manufacturing and FMCG.
Company: A busy food packaging business with great direction and growth plans, have been extremely busy throughout Covid-19 and are looking to strengthen their team with the appointment within their Management team. This company adhere and apply social distance measures within their manufacturing division, protecting both their employee’s health and welfare, and for attracting new staff. A safe and secure career opportunity who offers good attention to detail, prior Food or Food packaging experience and must have experience & exposure to BRC AA standards, to consolidate & promote the legislation within the business.
- As a Technical & Quality Assurance Manager you will be responsible for developing, revising and implementing quality standards and policies within the company to “AA” BRC standards
- To be successful, you will have a solid and steady career history as a Quality professional within a hi-speed manufacturing environment and BRC Accreditations
- You will have gained expertise & experience as a Senior Quality Engineer or Quality Manager , or you maybe a Quality Engineer looking to take the next step up into a Management role
- The ideal candidate will have expereince of working within a food or packaging manufacturing envronment with BRC involvement
- This is a hands-on role, seeking a passionate & dynamic Quality Engineering professional with good verbal communication & writing skills for representing the business’ product excellence and Quality standards.
- Responsible for ensuring the Quality systems and standards are always compliant with BRC standards
- Own and manage the company Quality systems; inc Hygiene, staff training, hosting audits, liaising with suppliers and customers on all Quality and GMP points
- Lead, direct, support and manage the Quality function within the company
- Driving quality levels and continuous improvement through application of structured quality improvement and measurement tools
- To continually introduce good, effective quality systems aimed at taking the whole site’s quality culture forward in line with the internal and external environment
- Ensure that best practices remain effective and sustainable
- Monitoring quality performance by gathering relevant data, analysing the data and producing statistical reports to enable the production of relevant, timely information to assist in strategic decision making
- Ensure that traceability is maintained across all functions.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of working within a food manufacturing or food packaging manufacturing environment & BRC Quality legislation
- Proven knowledge & experience within plastics packaging or food manufacturing an advantage
- Computer literate to a high standard
- Excellent inter-personal and customer problem solving / customer facing skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective communications skills (written and verbal) and good inter-personal relations
- Strategic with a sound logical approach to problem solving
- Strong leadership, management and people development skills
- A proven track record in the achievement of results through engagement of people and application of recognised tools is essential
- Self-motivated and confident decision maker