Job Overview: Our client, an established injection moulding manufacturer, has retained our services to search for a Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer to support with the high volume production of medical test tubes for the NHS along with a range of other industrial products.
- As Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for the maintenance and repairs to mechanical, electrical and electronic on-site equipment and automation cells
- You will have strong electrical/mechanical applications with proven experience of problem solving, fault finding and repairing of manufacturing machinery as well as robots, automated systems and assembly lines
- It would be beneficial for the candidate to have current or prior experience with maintaining or servicing Plastic injection moulding equipment, however fully training for the right applicants will be provided
- Social distance working conditions are in place throughout the plant
- Working on modern day plastic injection moulding machine tools and ancillaries, as an Electro- Mechanical Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for the proactive & reactive electro-mechanical maintenance of mould machines, ancillaries, jigs & fixtures, materials handling equipment, pick & place robots and general facilities maintenance
- You will be proactive in setting PPM schedules and organising the Maintenance team on machine down-time projects for planned maintenance activities, and instrumental in organising Maintenance / servicing & commissioning jobs for the Maintenance department staff.
Expectations / experience:
- Ideally have current or prior experience within a manufacturing environment
- 16th edition, 17th edition or 18th edition certified in electrical, or equivalent electrical engineering qualifications
- It would be preferred if candidates have prior experience within injection moulding or plastics
- You will have a good mechanical application and experience / working understanding with hydraulics and/or pneumatics
- You will have good proven experience with PLC’s and 3 Phase Ladder Logic fault-finding & problem-solving
- You will have good clear communication skills
- It is expected that you will have good IT skills with MS Office & Word