Job Overview: Retained by our injection mould manufacturer partner we are looking for an experienced Injection Moulding Toolmaker to join their team.
Role: As a Toolmaker you will be responsible for the maintenance, service and repair of injection mould tools on site. You must have experience as a Toolmaker within a manufacturing or engineering facility. The ideal candidate will have a strong mechanical aptitude and the desire to learn and develop on their skills as this position can offer growth, stability and security. As a Toolmaker you will ideally have good knowledge of CNC, milling, lathes and grinding. You MUST HAVE experience within plastic injection moulding tools.
This is an exciting position for a Toolmaker who is keen to join a stable, forward thinking company where they can learn and develop their skills further.
- Responsibility to lead best practice for the Tooling company’s tool setting
- Working in accordance with the company’s ISO standards & GMP
- Ensure that all tools are maintained to a good serviceable standard
- Assist with the commissioning of new tooling for new product introduction
- Report on tool performance to Engineering Manager
- Develop and work to KPI’s
- Maintain Tool Performance Maintenance & Repair records
Personal Profile & Experience Requirements:
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, work on own initiative
- Minimum 5 years tool maintenance/making. Ideally die-casting or injection moulding
- Engineering Qualification/Time Served Toolmaking
- Competent to program and operate a range of CNC & manual machine centres, mills and surface grinders
- Computer literate with experience of using MS Excel, MS Word & Power Point
- Experience of World Class/Lean Manufacturing or an Injection Moulding Tool maker
- Demonstrate continuous improvement initiatives
- Process fault finding and rectification techniques
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Experience as a Toolmaker within the injection moulding or die-casting tooling industry
- CAD experience, Solid Works or good interpretation of technical drawings,