Job Overview: Working alongside our client, an injection moulding manufacturer, we are looking to appoint an experienced Manufacturing Manager with good plastic injection moulding manufacturing experience.
Essentials: This post will suit an experienced Manufacturing Manager or Production Manager with strong injection moulding manufacturing experience, leading staff, meeting deliverables and ensure production flow and production OTIF’s.
- Your role is to be responsible for the production performance, quality output and housekeeping. Ensuring all SOP’s are being adhered to and costs are controlled in line with the KPI’s you will be responsible for
- Managing the Machine performance. Maximise output with organising your tool changes with SMED principals and minimising waste(s) ”Machine Time/Labour/Scrap”. Using hourly monitors to ensure the performance of your Row’s is in line with your KPI’s
- Labour utilisation. Making sure you have the allocated labour being utilised to produce product at the right time and at the right Quality. Your KPI will be set from Finance on cost of labour vs Sales on weekly monitor. You must ensure arears to improve the utilisation are managed by yourself and suggestions for further support/expenditure are put through your line manger to reduce costs
- Quality Output. You will be responsible for all of the Quality coming out of your row(s), ensuring SOP are being adhered to by operators. Making sure Operators are continually trained and the Skills Matrix is kept up to date at all times. Escalating potential risks to quality to your Line manager
- Employee engagement. Ensuring there is daily communication with all employees at the start of the shift for Feedback about the row(s) performance the previous day and any issues (H&S/Quality) that are highlighted are discussed. Any issues relating to staff performance are managed by you with the support of HR
- Inefficient job running list. Review jobs that are costing the business the most lost revenue for either (quality, manufacturing inefficiencies or waste), action improvements to bring costs back into line
- Housekeeping of your rows falls under your responsibility. In line with the 5S audit that are conducted by the Directors you will implement a robust system that reviews this daily which is audited and can demonstrate the continual housekeeping adherence.
- Machine utilisation. Daily trackers in place to facilitate this KPI which will be generated by Manufacturing Quality. Row specific and raising NCP info
- Labour utilisation. From accounts a weekly tracker will be sent highlighting costs assigned to each row
- Housekeeping audit. In line with the Directors walk about you will be responsible for your areas scores
- Inefficient jobs running. Sent by accounts weekly you will review jobs running in your rows that are the most inefficient
- Regrind usage
- Role model for others
- Positive attitude
- Problem Solver
- Structured approach