Job Overview: Working exclusively for our client, a successful engineering and manufacturing company they are seeking an apprentice trained Press Toolmaker to join their team.
• An established and successful presswork manufacturer supplying to several key markets, have been highly productive throughout the Covid period, and further to securing new business from existing customers as well as new RESHORING projects, are keen to add to their team an experienced Press Toolmaker to support production demand.
• Owning all of their Rhodes, Bentley & HME production progression press machines, they have a very good toolroom, kitted out with Bridport Semi-CNC’s, Cylindrical grinders, Hurco & Sodick Spark Eroders, Colchester Triumph Grinders and Jones & Shipman equipment. This company are very technical with all their applications & Tool repair, modifications & maintenance. Equally they are supported Design & development department with Visi 3D CAD and CMM centres.
• This role will suit an established Toolmaker with good press Tool experience, apprentice Toolmaker trained with a minimum of 4 years’ experience working with press tools. Applicants maybe be currently Injection Moulding or Diecasting Toolmakers, but you must have had good exposure to working on Press Tools, as the right personality is key in joining this friendly & “right first time” attitude of the current team. Full refresher training will be provided on machinery on plant.
• Hours of business are Monday to Thursday, 0700-1700, Friday mornings are not compulsory and classed as overtime between 0700-1200, paid at time and a third.
• Essential: You must be a self-motivated worker, able to work on tooling associated tasks unsupervised as well as with Team tooling projects.
• Potential relocation is available after probation in order to attract the right candidate applicants for this role, either to support you working away from home, or renting accommodation within common sense commuting distance of the plant.
As a Press Toolmaker you will be required to split your time between standard Toolmaking work – taking out and regrinding press tools, making machine spares, using wire eroders, spark eroders, milling and grinding. Secondly you will be required to participate in improvement activities and identifying areas for change, to optimise performance, as well as assist with preventative maintenance
• Knowledge of CAD/CAM software and reading drawings.
• Operate all Standard Toolroom machinery and have experience with various CNC machinery operation, and possibly some programming
• Undertake such training as required by your Toolroom Manager and to assist in the training of others / imparting knowledge & wisdom
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of product and service quality
• Design, manufacture Jigs & Fixtures, Prototype tooling & parts and Test fixtures to support the manufacturing processes across the facility
• Provide technical support to the other functional departments.
• Ensure that your actions and the actions of other individuals do not compromise the legal requirements and safety standards
• Perform your duties in accordance with the company manual
• Time served apprenticeship - essential
• Proven Experience of at least 5 years in a role
• Qualification in Mechanical Engineering (desired)