Job Overview: Our client, an established injection moulding manufacturer, has retained our services to search for a Technical Sales Engineer to join their team.
Role: As a Technical Sales Engineer you will be responsible for identifying, developing and generating business enquiries & sales leads to aid in driving company growth within their established technical Commercial team. The company specialise in the design, manufacture and assembly of injection moulding components for the several key markets including medical device, white goods, FMCG and industrial safety-critical components.
This business forms part of a large group of companies and are a seriously well-established manufacturer across the UK.
Note: The company will consider applicants who reside within a 1 hour drive of their Derbyshire plant and an opportunity to split working from home / work from plant.
• The Technical Sales Engineer will be responsible for assisting in managing and growing the company’s sales
• Helping the customers to define their technical requirements
• Carrying out sales visits to prospective customers
• Identify, contact and qualify new sales prospects
• Maintain regular contact and a strong relationship through providing support to existing customers
• Negotiate tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs
• Technical injection moulding experience would be considered an advantage however technical sales knowledge within any other Plastics discipline will also be considered.
• Experience in business-to-business sales in a technical field (B2B)
• The right candidate needs to have some business and commercial awareness
• Negotiation skills
• A professional manner is essential, both face to face and via telephone/email
• Self-motivated, reliable and must be able to work unsupervised
• The right personality and the sales experience are absolutely keys to the success of this important role within the company group.
Key Words: “Sales Engineer” “Sales Manager” “Technical Sales Engineer” “Technical Sales” “Business Development” “Sales” “Injection Moulding” “Plastics”