Job Overview: Our client, an established, forward thinking global manufacturing company have called upon our services to search for a Maintenance Fitter to join their team
· As a Maintenance Fitter you will be responsible for assisting with the operation and maintenance of all processes, equipment and facility within the plant.
· This role will require you to ensure that the plant is operated and maintained effectively, safely, and efficiently, whilst providing support within the team to minimise downtime.
· Always maintaining health and safety procedures whilst carrying out the role
· Ensuring that high levels of productivity, attendance and customer satisfaction are always maintained
· Day to day maintenance of all plant, machinery, and the facility.
· To install and maintain new and existing equipment, whilst ensuring production is not interrupted.
· Assist with carrying out hands on mechanical engineering routines, in accordance with the planned preventative maintenance systems (PPM), to minimise plant downtime, and ensure that the plant operates to the standards laid down in the appropriate legislation.
· Ensure that the working area is clean and tidy on completion of any job/task.
· Be responsible for the health and safety of yourself and others within the workplace and comply with all health and safety procedures.
· Assisting other mechanical / operational departments when required.
· To work in a manner that reflects equal opportunities values, treating others with dignity and respect whilst considering the needs of colleagues and customers.
· Providing high standards of quality whilst promoting, building, and maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues, suppliers, and customers.
· Identifying training needs relevant to the job and participating in any training and development as required.
· Maintaining high levels of personal motivation, attendance, and conduct, setting a personal example to others.
Environmental, Health & Safety and Quality Requirements:
· Observe all statutory and company safety regulations as details I the company environmental systems and on notice boards.
· Commitment to company quality expectations through compliance to company policies, system procedures, work instructions and specifications
· Proactively support teams and work groups in compliance of company policies, system procedures, work instructions and specifications
· 2 years maintenance experience
· MEWP Licence
· Forklift Licence
· Gas Safe Certificate
· Powered Lift Truck Licence
· It is essential that candidates are of healthy constitution and must be able to stand and or walk for 9 hrs
· Occasionally requirement to lift objects up to 25kg
· Protective equipment required for this position - safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection, overalls, welding masks, fall arrest harness (As required)
Key Words: “Maintenance Fitter” “Maintenance Engineer” “Maintenance Technician” “Maintenance Supervisor” “Facilities Maintenance” “Automotive” “Manufacturing”