Job Overview: Working alongside our client, a specialist injection moulding manufacturer, we are looking for an Injection Moulding Technician to join their team.
- As an Injection Moulding Technician, you must have several years’ experience with setting, conditioning, maintenance & process optimisation of injection moulding machines working with a wide range of materials.
- As an Injection Moulding Technician, you will be expected to ensure the continuous running of the machine at the optimum cycle time to produce quality products.
- The role of an Injection Moulding Technician is to fulfil all aspects of machinery tool changes, from hanging the tool and securing the tool in the machine through to the use of programming software and setting up the robots to provide the optimum cycle time.
- Set up machines, ancillary equipment and robots (programming where necessary) and run them for the required products in an acceptable time and make running adjustments as required to perform the process required.
- Carry out mould and colour changes. To move materials to and from machine when required and as directed by the supervisor so that machines operate continuously.
- Assist with the maximisation of machine efficiency and utilisation - Routine maintenance and repair monitoring, expediting and reporting production on a daily basis - Maximisation of uptime. - Machine adjustment and the logging of results.
- Ensure machine logs and product route cards are completed accurately and that shift changeover aspects are successfully communicated. To be aware of material usage and monitor product quality.
- Ensure that good housekeeping is maintained in moulding area - Have a proactive approach to quality and ensure adherence to procedures.
- Work with a Continuous Process Improvement attitude - Liaise with other departments to ensure that the movement of material to/from the stores and production are transacted correctly and on time.
- To report mechanical, electrical and material defects that are outside his/her capability and that affects output or quality to the Team Leader.
- Must ensure they participate in the annual appraisal procedure and achieves all mutually agreed targets.
- Is required to attend periodic Operational meetings as and when advised.
- Is expected to maintain a professional working relationship with all colleagues, whilst promoting a commitment to Total Quality and Continuous Improvement.
- Injection moulding setting experience (at least 2 years)
- Ability to program moulding machines
- Ability to conduct new tool trials and process optimisation
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Understanding of Health and Safety legislation requirements
Key Words: “Injection Moulding”, “Moulding Technician”, “Injection Moulding Technician”, “Process Technician”, “Process Development Technician”, “Technician Supervisor”, “Senior Technician”, “Mould Technician”