This post will suit either a Graduate Product Design Engineer with 2 years’ experience within Product Design or Industrial Design, or an experienced Product Design Engineer with experience in designing bespoke automation with primary capital equipment, machines, materials handling & robotics
A successful business predominantly involved with designing, programming and project managing bespoke automation solutions for Medical Device injection moulding manufacturers across the UK, Europe, Ireland and USA, they are a reputable and recognised global hi-technology automation specialist and regarded as a leading business and go-to Technical & Engineering partner to major blue chip clientele.
This impressive company are looking to grow the Automation Engineering, Applications & Programming, and Design departments with several key new staff. Delivering a strong team working & high camaraderie working ethos, our client is a forward- thinking company that place their people at the forefront of their business success.
Ideal applicants will have good Solidworks 3D CAD experience or alternatively a similar hi-end 3D Design package, for cross-training onto Solidworks.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the technical resource for new design & modification concepts
- Address technical objections from customers by focusing on strengths
- Support design team in all written and verbal communications both internally and externally
- Document relevant notes & modifications in the Drawing Office & CRM database to support engineering, manufacturing & sales teams
- Resolve issues diplomatically in a logical and non-emotional manner
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities as required
- To be involved in the creation and development of new products & tools in conjunction with improving the performance and design of existing products.
- To work alongside the current design team to create design concepts through to fully engineered, manufacturable products.
- Support & manage design projects from conception through to manufacture.
- Liaise with other departments within the company (tool room engineers, production team etc.) throughout the development and manufacturing processes.
- To implement design awareness, creativity & flair towards all work projects
- An HND or Degree in a relevant Design discipline or equivalent qualification
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to build rapport and team trust
- Good appreciation, awareness & vigilance towards quality of applications & recommended 3D CAD model changes
- Minimum of 2 years’ technical placement or employment experience within a similar Product Design or Industrial Design role.
- Creative, with strong design skills and engineering / manufacturing understanding & knowledge.
- Strong attention to detail and a sensitivity to the visual aspects of a product
- Good problem solving, analytical skills and good attention to detail.
- A good understanding of design for manufacture
- Proficiency in Solidworks 3D CAD software, however Solidworks training & conversion will be provided for applicants with equivalent 3D Software experience such as Mechanical Desktop, Fusion 360, Pro Engineer, Unigraphics, Catia, SolidEdge.
- An understanding of CADCAM principles will be an advantage but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Self-motivated with an enthusiasm to learn and develop
- A good ability of practical and methodical design development through prototyping and testing.
- Be able to grasp the manufacturing and business processes
- Prior experience with Product Design or Automation Design within injection moulding machine tools and / or Robotics or Robots is an advantage, however not essential as full training will be provided.
- Goal oriented and comfortable with meeting or exceeding clearly defined tasks
- Effective problem solving skills
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to be highly responsive
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, positive attitude and able to work independently or in a team environment
- Receptive to constructive feedback from supervisors, peers and customers
- Clear & concise communication skills
- Be punctual, a good timekeeper, well presented & be of a healthy constitution
“3D CAD”, “Product Design”, “Design Engineer”, “Application Engineer”, “ “Design & Development Engineer”, Graduate, “Design Engineering”, “Industrial Design”, Solidworks, Solidedge, CADCAM, Catia, Pro-E, “Graduate engineer”, “Graduate Design”