Job Overview: Working alongside our client, a plastics moulding manufacturer, we are looking for a Plastics Moulding Setter to join their production team, and to be developed & trained into the role of Mouldshop Manager.
Remit: A great opportunity for an experienced Moulding Setter with experience of Setting Mould machines within either injection moulding, compression moulding, blow moulding or foam moulding to be trained and developed on the companies moulding machines, their technical and manufacturing operations, and to have their career development path guided and groomed for the role of Mouldshop Manager, as part of the business’ succession planning.
Naturally the more the candidate is developed & trained the salary & benefits will increase accordingly.
- As an Injection Moulding Setter, you must have several years’ experience with setting, conditioning, maintenance & process optimisation of injection moulding machines working with a wide range of materials.
- As an Injection Moulding Setter, you will be expected to ensure the continuous running of the machine at the optimum cycle time to produce quality products.
- The role of an Injection Moulding Setter is to fulfil all aspects of machinery tool changes, from hanging the tool and securing the tool in the machine through to the use of programming software and setting up the robots to provide the optimum cycle time.
- Assist with the planning of the moulding schedule based on orders from purchasing department and main factory.
- Carry out tool changes, monitor machine performance, material usage and maintenance.
- Ensure the mouldshop runs safely and all H&S guidelines and best practice is observed by helping manage and plan daily, weekly and monthly maintenance on the machines. This includes the daily safety checks and other safety procedures.
- Maintain a safe, healthy, clean and tidy environment for yourself and others.
- Oversee quality of products being produced and liaise with the tool room for any tool repairs.
- Assist with other daily / weekly activities such as training and monitoring staff performance.
- Looking at waste and ensuring overall efficiencies.
- Conduct trials of new tooling for new products or following repairs to tools.
- Liaise with third party service providers regarding the servicing and any repairs to the injection mould machinery.
- Monitor and where possible introduce new methods to reduce waste.
- Assist with running of the small moulding facility nearby (provide occasional holiday cover etc).
- Booking out stock and transferring finished parts to the factory or stores.
- To ensure company procedures are adhered to.
- Moulding setting experience
- Ability to program moulding machines
- Ability to conduct new tool trials and process optimisation
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Experience of running automatic assembly lines
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Understanding of Health and Safety legislation requirements
- Good qualifications in engineering or plastics mould training courses
Key Words: “Injection Moulding”, “Moulding Technician”, “Injection Moulding Setter”, “Process Technician”, “Process Development Technician”, “Setter Supervisor”, “Senior Setter”, “Mould Setter”, “blow moulding”, “foam moulding”, “compression moulding”, “structural foam”