Our client, a successful injection moulding manufacturer, has retained our services to search for an Injection Moulding Toolmaker to join their established Toolmaking team.
- As a Toolmaker you will be responsible for the production, maintenance, service and repair of injection mould tools on site, supporting mould machine tonnage range 50-1500T.
- You must have experience as an apprentice served Toolmaker with good experience of working with injection moulding tools.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong mechanical aptitude and the desire to learn and develop upon their skills as this position can offer growth, stability and security.
- As a Toolmaker you will ideally have good knowledge of CNC, milling, lathes and grinding. Experience of Tool design is an advantage.
- This is an exciting position for a Toolmaker who is keen to join a company going through an expansion period where they can learn and develop their skills further
- EDM experience will be an advantage.
- Salary will be rewarded accordingly to the right candidate applicants, dependant on skills and experience within injection moulding toolmaking and mould tool maintenance.
- This is a nights role only, offering job satisfaction, stability & career progression prospects.
- Due to securing extensive new business orders there is extensive overtime available, offering the opportunity to earning a further £3-8K per annum.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, work on own initiative or within a small tooling team.
- Minimum 3 years injection tool maintenance / tool making.
- Engineering Qualification / Time Served Apprenticeship
- Competent to program and operate a range of CNC & manual machine centres, mills and surface grinders
- Spark EDM (Sodick) experience is preferred but not essential, as full training provided. Alternative EDM machine type experience an advantage.
- Ability to read and understand 2D drawings
- Computer literate with experience of using MS Excel, MS Word & Power Point
- Process fault finding and rectification techniques
- Flexible approach to working hours
Key Words: “Tooling Technician”, “Tool maker”, “Toolmaker”, “Mould Tooling”, “Tooling Maintenance”, ”Tooling Engineer”, “injection moulding”