Our client, an established global packaging solutions business, has retained our services to source a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer with strong experience to join their expanding team and support continued business growth.
- The successful Mechanical Maintenance Engineer will join a secure and forward-thinking company at a time where it continues to expand its manufacturing operations.
- In the role of Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, you will be required to conduct all mechanical maintenance work on plastics manufacturing machinery including injection moulding machines and extrusion lines.
- This is an excellent and rewarding post for an enthusiastic Mechanical Maintenance Engineer who wishes to work with like-minded professionals and for a company that places their people at the forefront of their business.
- As Mechanical Maintenance Engineer you will have a good understanding of the workflow and be responsible for production, materials and maintenance planning to enhance productivity.
- You will be responsible for liaising with external suppliers and contractors in relation to all maintenance issues.
- In the role of Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for the proactive & reactive mechanical maintenance of machinery and equipment.
- You will be proactive in organising machine down-time projects for planned maintenance activities ensuring minimum disruption to production.
- The successful Mechanical Maintenance Engineer candidate will be involved in developing and overseeing the equipment and machinery in plant.
- Conducting quality checks to ensure machinery is operating correctly and quality standards are met.
- As Mechanical Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for overseeing and improving production processes in plant to increase productivity.
- Diagnosing and fixing problems in the production line to minimise disruption to workflow.
- Handling and organising the receipt of deliveries into plant.
- To ensure that company Health and Safety protocols are strictly adhered to.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Mechanical engineering qualifications a distinct advantage
- Minimum 5 years in a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer role
- A good working knowledge of injection moulding / extrusion machinery
- Experience of World Class / Lean Manufacturing
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement initiative
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Experience within Food Manufacturing & Food Packaging
- Self-motivated and able to work to own initiative
- Work well as part of a team
- Strong time management & organisational skills
- Good attention to detail
Key Words: “Production Engineer”, “Mechanical Maintenance Engineer”, “Maintenance Engineer”, “Production Process Engineer”, “Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer”, “BRC”, “HACCP”, “Food Packaging”