Our client, an established global packaging solutions business, has retained our services to source a Senior Mechanical Maintenance Engineer with strong mechanical maintenance experience to join their expanding team and support continued business growth.
Scope: This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Senior Mechanical Engineer candidate with the potential to progress into the position of Engineering & Facilities Manager over the course of the next 12-18 months.
The successful Senior Mechanical Engineer will join a secure and forward-thinking company at a time where it continues to expand its manufacturing operations.
In the role of Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be required to conduct all mechanical maintenance work on plastics manufacturing machinery including injection moulding machines and extrusion lines.
This is an excellent and rewarding post for an enthusiastic Mechanical Maintenance Engineer who wishes to work with like-minded professionals and for a company that places their people at the forefront of their business.
- As Senior Mechanical Engineer you will have a good understanding of the workflow and be responsible for production, materials and maintenance planning to enhance productivity.
- You will be responsible for liaising with external suppliers and contractors in relation to all maintenance issues.
- In the role of Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for the proactive & reactive mechanical maintenance of machinery and equipment.
- You will be proactive in organising machine down-time projects for planned maintenance activities ensuring minimum disruption to production.
- The successful Senior Mechanical Engineer candidate will be involved in developing and overseeing the equipment and machinery in plant.
- Conducting quality checks to ensure machinery is operating correctly and quality standards are met.
- A Senior Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for overseeing and improving production processes in plant to increase productivity.
- Diagnosing and fixing problems in the production line to minimise disruption to workflow.
- Handling and organising the receipt of deliveries into plant.
- To ensure that company Health and Safety protocols are strictly adhered to.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Mechanical engineering qualifications a distinct advantage
- Minimum 5 years in Production Engineer / Mechanical Maintenance Engineer role
- A good working knowledge of injection moulding / extrusion machinery
- Experience of World Class / Lean Manufacturing
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement initiative
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Experience within Food Manufacturing & Food Packaging
- Self-motivated and able to work to own initiative
- Work well as part of a team
- Strong time management & organisational skills
- Good attention to detail
Key Words: “Production Engineer”, “Mechanical Maintenance Engineer”, “Maintenance Engineer”, “Production Process Engineer”, “Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer”, “BRC”, “HACCP”, “Food Packaging”