On behalf of our client, a successful rubber moulding manufacturer, we are recruiting for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join their team.
Our client has been manufacturing rubber mouldings for almost 50 years and has gained an unsurpassed reputation worldwide. With a comprehensive range of plant and machinery capable of Injection, Transfer, and Compression Moulding, they are fully prepared to innovate where necessary and thrive on challenge. This is an excellent opportunity offering job security and satisfaction for the successful applicant of the Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer post.
- As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, you will ensure the day-to-day maintenance is carried out on all equipment, as well as work on general engineering breakdowns as and when they arise and in line with production priorities
- You will work on rubber manufacturing machinery along with all associated ancillary equipment, including C Frame Injection Presses from 5 tons to 40tons and Compression Moulding Presses up to 500 tons
- The Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer will order spares/parts as required (using the companies purchasing procedure) to ensure the smooth running of the site.
- Carry out general day to day maintenance of both factory and office buildings, car parks and yard areas.
- Ensure compliance with insurance and health & safety regulations.
- Support the testing of the fire alarm on a regular basis and records kept and carry out responsibilities listed under Fire Procedure
- Maintain the clean room facilities in accordance with the maintenance schedule
- Support in the installation of new equipment and services
- This is a days’ role, but flexibility for occasional overtime is required: starting up the machines in the morning / closing the plant at the end of the day
- MUST have 16th or 17th or 18th Edition Wiring regulations certification
- Strong electrical/mechanical applications with proven experience of problem solving, fault finding and repairing of manufacturing machinery as well as robots, automated systems and assembly lines.
- Working understanding of hydraulics and/or pneumatics
- You will ideally have current or prior experience with maintaining or servicing Rubber Moulding, Thermoplastic and Rubber Injection Moulding machines, however this is not essential and other industries will be considered
- Good IT skills with MS Office & Word
Key Words: “Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer”, “Maintenance Engineer”, “Electrical Maintenance Engineer”, “Maintenance Technician”, “Electro-mechanical Maintenance Engineer”, “Rubber Moulding”, “Rubber”, “Injection Moulding, “Compression Moulding”